Custom Mailing Lists for Small Businesses
Focusing on Your Target Audience – Choosing your list
Strategic Marketing Solutions can help you target just the right customers for your business. Most businesses don’t have a list of the people they want to market to – unless they are repeat customers. If you’re searching for new ones, you need to secure a mailing list. With the right one, you can focus on reaching out to exactly the types of customer you’re hoping to attract
Here are some of the most common approaches used in direct mail marketing:
Every Door Direct Mail – EDDM
We recommend that you not use Every Door Direct Mail or EDDM. While on the surface, it’s cheap, it’s actually not the most cost-effective method once you scratch the surface.
EDDM restricts your marketing efforts to defined postal routes within only 5 miles of your business without giving you a list of names and addresses. You just choose the neighborhoods or zip codes you want your direct mail to go to and your printed pieces will be sent to all the homes and/or business in those areas.
There are some limits to Every Door Direct Mail, including a lack of specificity in targeting and personalization. These mail pieces are commonly addressed generically to “Our friends at – Resident,” which usually send them directly to the trash.
With saturation marketing, you can take advantage of the bulk mail pricing while achieving more targeted results. It includes:
- Radius pulls accomplished by the distance to store or drive time, for multiple and single locations, for a wide range of distances.
- Demographic targeting at the carrier route level that can select the areas with the desired income level, population, and behaviors you seek to reach.
- Type of Household targeting – i.e. excluding or including apartments, single dwellings, and homeowners versus renters.
Get Even More Targeted with a Custom Data List
Some examples of targeted lists include:
- Age (Turning 65 Lists for Medicare Supplements)
- Distance from a location
- Income Level
- Home Value
- IPA – Income Producing Assets
- Net Worth
- Small Business Owners
- Social Media
- Teachers (Home & School Addresses)
- Agent Recruiting Lists – Licensed insurance agents and brokers
- CPA’s & Tax Professionals
Focus Like a Laser with Variable Data Lists and Postcards
Strategic Marketing Solutions knows that the more personal you get with potential customers, the better your results will be. Everyone wants to feel special, and that’s what variable data postcards do – make people feel like you are talking directly to them. We can pull a list of the most promising prospects in your area and tailor the artwork of the offer and even personalize the message to one that is most likely to pique their interest.
Personalization of Any Piece Improves Response Rates
With our revolutionary interactive online system, you can define, refine, target, and map your potential customer audience in real time with just a few clicks. In addition to having numerous consumer targeting services, our system will save you hours of time by efficiently automating essential administrative functions using our full suite of reporting and mail planning tools. The USPS EDDM online system does not offer many of these capabilities. With ours, you’ll enjoy number benefits such as:
- Lower postage rates when mailing and complete mailing addresses as opposed to the retail system that has higher rates and only provides shortened addresses.
- Easy to navigate archives for retrieval and reorders.
- Comprehensive reporting options.
- The ability to add names for personalizing your mail pieces, which has shown to dramatically increase response rates and help build your brand’s reputation.
- A feature that will help you select the right amount of addresses to receive the best possible postage discount.
- Prior to suppression—automatic suppression of previous mailing lists.
- Full counts on drop stops.
- Geographic latitude and longitude coding that will allow you to target the closest location for customers on your mail piece.
- Census information available straight from our site.